Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paint Wars 2...Return of the Grays

Okay, so even though it is approximately the temperature of the sun outside currently (which makes sense as the Sun has thoroughly taken over my state), I still managed to go to Sherwin Williams for paint samples and try them out.
Good news?  The Dutch Tile Blue is FABULOUS!  It is moody and watery and will make a great addition to the living room and dining room space.  Even though you can only get the paint samples from Sherwin Williams in satin, this blue is going to be great as a wall accent in my space, no matter that they say blue is bad for appetite (or maybe that is a really good thing!)
Also good?  Black Magic is just the right amount of black with a hint of charcoal so that the wall does not scream at you when you walk in.  It is a bit hard to tell since this is also in satin and I will be painting the walls flat but I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is a winner.
What is not a winner?  Modern Gray.  Ewww…this color is reminiscent of the color of internal organs on all those autopsy shows on the television…so NOT what I was going after.  I mean, it is really offensive to look at.  It is a gray on the white spectrum so really light but also has a hint of yellow to it.  Seriously.  I thought at first that the current tan color of the walls was turning Modern Gray this color but no. This color has got to go…it is voted off my island.  I am now inviting Pewter Tankard (this name is way too long so I am now referring to it as PT) to the party!  PT will be the wall colors with a new gray, Agreeable Gray, for the ceilings...that way the transition between will not be so jarring.
So why am I sharing all of this?  Well, this weekend and next are now dedicated to painting.  Yep, even though it is as hot as the surface of the sun right now and it might magically cool down to, like, 103 this weekend, I am still going to get out the rollers and paint brushes and tackle the walls.  What I am not looking forward to is painting the ceilings in the Master bed and bath but having a tan ceiling and the rest of the space in either gray or black…well, that would just be silly!  Maybe I will leave those rooms for next weekend…Pics will follow once I get started...watch out for the mayhem!
Now if I could only find a unique shaped nightstand for serious cheapy dollars that I can spray bright white…then I would be set!
Shelley
P.S.  I am also TOOL SHOPPING this weekend and I cannot wait to post pics of all my new babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment